Monday, June 28, 2010

This Ministry


It’s Multitude Monday. The day the Gratitude Community counts endless gifts http://www.aholyexperience.com/2010/06/how-christians-begin-to-lose-their.html. I started yesterday, actually, and I’m over a hundred on my way to a thousand. Or a million. The gifts most calling for attention today are those hiding behind the difficult:


glimpses of Love for this dust

growth space created by disability

freedom from pagers and on call shifts

reminders that I need only be me
. . . that when I can't find the right words, God can still use the wrong ones
. . . that my worth is not defined by my work
. . . that my current ministry, so small, can be blessed by the one who fed five thousand with a boy's lunch

My ministry is not Paul’s - shipwrecks and beatings and planting churches. It’s not my past adventure - daily opportunities to touch lives on the brink of death. It's befriending the cleaner at the gym. Greeting an unknown neighbor in the elevator. Listening. Learning not to hide. 

Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. (2 Corinthians 4:1)



holy experience